new rappers profile:|
- Wiz Khalifa Pics
- Wiz Khalifa Videos
- Download Wiz Khalifa
new rapper highlights:
- Over 600,000 searches for Wiz Khalifa monthly according to Google
- First Music Video "Yeah" was a hit record. Charted #25 on billboards top Hip Hop songs
- Signed to Rodstrum Records / Taylor Gang Entertainment
- Album "Deal or No Deal" debuted #1 on iTunes
- Headlined his own tour indepedently
- Listed by XXL magazine as one the best freshmen Hip Hop artists of 2010
Flaming onto the major rap scene in 2006, Wiz Khalifa has continued his climb into hip hop stardom day by day. With over
600,000 searches for his name on google monthly, as of 2010 he is one of the most demanded artists of the year. Since
releasing his album "Show and Prove" with OkayPlayer.com Wiz Khalifa has continued to be
rated the best artist of his generation by many.
In 2007 Rolling Stone magazine rated Wiz Khalifa as a new rapper to watch. Right on the money with the given title, in
the same year Warner Bros. Records signed the Pittsburgh, PA born rapper to his first major deal. After that, Wiz's debut
single "Say Yeah" got a major buzz landing at #25 on the Billboard rhythmic charts. He followed that single with
"Make it Hot," which debuted at #23 on the iTunes Hip hop charts.
In 2009 Wiz Khalifa split from Warner Bro's records. Still motivated, the rapper's promo team and label managed to
do bigger and better things indepedently. Releasing his much anticipated album "Deal or No Deal," in the
same year of leaving Warner Bros, the buzz proved to be true. Wiz Khalifa was bigger than ever landing at #1 on the
iTunes charts the day it came out. The album spread virally across the web and created a massive following that
helped sell out shows in the US and abroad as documented in Wiz Khalifa's This Plane video.